Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful--Day 7

Today (and everyday), I'm thankful for free will. God could have easily created a clone army who followed his every command, but he wanted a relationship with us that was based on love and trust. We have to choose to follow Him. And the fact that we have the free will to choose-and we choose God-makes our relationship with our Creator that much more special and personal. It's like the song--

I have decided to follow Jesus,
I have decided to follow Jesus,
I have decided to follow Jesus,
No turning back, no turning back.

We have to decide every day to follow Jesus. We have to choose to seek after Him, obey Him, love others, and walk constantly with Him. It is a deliberate life. We can pick blessing or cursing, life or death, freedom or bondage--and all of the good things are found in Christ. I think we can all testify that it's not always easy to choose the narrow way. The pull of this world is strong......but we are more than conquerors! Thank You, Jesus, that we have the freedom to choose. I choose You!

No comments:

Post a Comment