Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful, Day 25

Today (and every day), I'm thankful for.....today. For the chance to wake up again and start fresh. Not because anything awful happened yesterday, but just because I can do more today. I think sometimes we think, "Thank goodness for God's grace and forgiveness, since I know I'll mess up today." We do! Or, I do. Maybe if we would think instead, "Thank goodness for God's grace and forgiveness that help me NOT to mess up." I don't think there has to be a point in our day where we say, "Well, I totally screwed that one up." We don't have to do everything perfect--cook the perfect meal, make the house look pristine, have a cheerful smile ALL day long--but if we could only make it to bedtime and say, "That was good. I did my best." So, I'm thankful for today, because I have another chance to do my very best.

I'm thankful for the chance (because I don't usually look outside before 7 am, but I did today) to see a gorgeous sunrise.
I'm thankful that today, once again, I hear little feet coming down the hall.
I'm thankful that today, once again, two little people crawl up on my lap and wrap their arms around my neck.
I'm thankful for another day to teach them about God's love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness. 
I'm thankful for the chance to love my husband the best I can and to be his biggest cheerleader and support system.
I'm thankful for another afternoon to share my love of music with my students and to encourage them and help them use their gifts.

For everything today will bring, I'm thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment