Monday, November 11, 2013

Thankful, Day 11

Today (and everyday), I'm thankful for the opportunity to do things I enjoy on a regular basis. As I sit here editing a book manuscript (not mine), I'm grateful for the education and knowledge that allow me to write, whether it's on this blog, in my personal journal, or the occasional freelance job. Monday through Fridays, I teach piano and guitar lessons--something I also love and am able to earn a little extra money doing. I have the best students in the world and get to talk about and play one of my favorite things, music! Most days, I cook and/or bake something yummy--my family definitely appreciates that! I love making them happy. I wouldn't say I live a life of leisure, but God certainly gives me the time and skills to do things that are a reprieve from laundry and dish washing. Actually, having other things I enjoy makes the everyday housework easier because I know it's not the only thing I have to look forward to. Nevertheless, I have to remind myself to do everything--even laundry, dish washing, diaper changing, and bill paying--as unto the Lord. It's all important.

Still, I'm thankful for quiet moments on my couch with a cup of coffee and an empty Word document.

No comments:

Post a Comment