Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankful--Day 3

Today (and everyday), I am thankful for my husband.


He's been my sidekick for 12 years and not many 28 year olds can say that. I knew he was the one from the beginning and I'm glad I've been able to grow up with him.

 
He spent our entire honeymoon holding my hair back from my face while I threw up and eating Subway outside in the car, so it wouldn't make me nauseous. I knew he was a keeper for sure, then.  He always takes care of me--and the boys. He works hard so that I can stay at home and he has never once made me feel like I should go back to work or that I am anything less because I don't have a "real" job.  He changes diapers and helps put the boys to sleep, makes THE best biscuits and gravy, and fixes everything around the house. He's also an awesome labor and birth coach. Every time I think I'm mad at him, he makes me laugh. He makes me laugh anyway!  He is patient, kind, and gentle. Oh, and he does a pretty mean cartwheel. ;)
 
I'm glad he's my first and my last. I'm glad he's all I know. You don't have to eat a bunch of rotten apples to get to the good one, girls (and guys). I'm so thankful God brought him to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment