Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful--Day 10

Well, I missed day 9--but I have a good reason!

Yesterday, we traveled a couple of hours away to go to the zoo. We needed a fun, family day and we had a blast! So, for day 9, I'm thankful to be able to spend time with my family. We saw some really cool animals, had some fun conversations, ate some yummy Olive Garden, and got some new toys at the Disney store (well, the boys did, anyway). Then, to top it off, we saw our first huge Christmas light display of the season (even though we decided not to pay $20 to drive through it). I couldn't have dreamed up a better husband and children. Good thing God is much more creative than I am!

Also, today (and every day), I'm thankful for all of the men and women who have risked their lives in service to our country. I'm proud to say that my granddad, several of my uncles on both sides of my family, and many other people I know are veterans. I can't imagine all of the things our service men and women go through and see, even in their training. I love my country, but I couldn't leave my family and everything else I know and go off to war. I'm grateful for people who answer the call to protect the rest of us. I know that it's not easy for them to do what they do, but they're willing to do it. Thank all of from the bottom of mine and my family's heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment