Monday, August 16, 2010

Who's da boss?

I'll tell you who's not my boss--Society.

You know what really burns me up? When everyone adjusts their moral compass because society says, "It's ok."

Oh, at first, you feel little twinges of guilt for whatever it is you're thinking or doing, but look around at everyone else, surf the web, read enough magazines, watch enough TV, and pretty soon, the "iffy" feelings go away. Wanna know how I know? I've done it! I've done it over and over!

If you're a Christian, we call this the Holy Spirit. We hear this still, small voice (otherwise known as your conscience) and we choose to listen to it or ignore it. Stifle it enough, and it goes completely away. Feels pretty good since you aren't questioning yourself or your actions, but at some point--either here or in eternity--it will come back to bite you.

I don't want to live "up" to society's standards. I don't even want to live up to my own standards. I want to live up to God's standards. He's my boss. And though I have the hardest time being submissive and letting Him be the boss, I am choosing to give Him reign. Have Your way with me. I may struggle over and over every.single.day and never quite succeed, but I am going to make the effort.

Who's your boss?

No comments:

Post a Comment