Saturday, July 31, 2010

That's Who I Am....

I know who I am......
Biologically, I'm Leah, daughter of Jack and Ninkey, wife to Michael, mother to Kade, sister to Callie.
I'm a praise and worship leader and a piano teacher.
I'm also a Christian, a gardener, a breastfeeding advocate, a cook, a writer, and a deep thinker.
These things are mostly set in stone.

However---
There are so many things I aspire to be:
A stylish dresser, good at making friends, more patient, a published writer, creative and crafty, a "cloth" user, a violinist, an athlete, an articulate speaker, and a traveler (to name a few).

Sometimes, I make myself sick wishing I was more like this or less like that. More like this person.
I have so many friends who can knit awesome longies or pick out the perfect outfit. Sometimes, I am green with envy. Sometimes, I even sit up way too late and blog about it, just to get my feelings out in the open.

Several of the things on my list of aspirations, I can probably work on.

For example, I just received my granny's sewing machine and am determined to learn how to sew. (Check crafty off the list)
For my first project, I plan to make some cloth wipes. (Check cloth, even though I would like to do diapers at some point as well)

I will probably never be a stylish dresser, though, unless someone picks out all my clothes for me.

In the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. Even if I wasn't Kade's mommy or Michael's wife, even if I had no musical talent, no matter what I aspire to or fail at, here's who I am to the one who really matters:

"But now, this is what the LORD says--he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1

I am God's child.

"And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend." James 2:23

I am God's friend.

"Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows." Matthew 10:31

I am of value to Him.

All of my lofty aspirations are nice, but not necessary.
The important thing is--I know, not just who I am, but whose I am.


I know I am loved by the King, and it makes my heart wanna sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment