Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday....

It may be a cheesy title, but it's nice alliteration, so I'll take it.

All too often, especially in the last couple weeks, I've let myself get mired down, depressed, stressed out, and worried, when I have so many things to be thankful for.

Lists always make me feel better, so here's my list of things to be thankful for:
1) We're able to pay all of our bills, every month, on time, in full, without fail.
2) God has blessed us so that I can stay home, take care of our son, and watch him grow.
3) I have 9 wonderful piano students who stretch my brain, make me laugh, and amaze me.
4) I have a husband and son who love me and whom I love to the moon and back.
5) I have a garden that produces abundantly more than it should considering my skills as a gardener.
6) I have friends--friends at church, long distance friends, and the best Friend of all.
7) My family is out of this world!
8) There is food in my refrigerator and cupboards.
9) God has given me gifts that I enjoy using for Him.
10) I have unlimited texting (shallow, but I'm thankful for it)
11) I live in a country that, though it needs serious help, still allows me more freedom than most.
12) The sky is a gorgeous color blue today and the locusts are chirping like crazy, which always tells you it's a nice, warm day outside.
13) There is a car outside with gas in it, ready to take me anywhere I need to go.
14) I have an insurance card in my purse, so that we can go to the doctor if anyone gets sick or hurt.
15) Today is my father-in-law's birthday and I could not have asked for a better father-in-law.
16) Kade is taking a nap, which gives me some time to relax and renew for the afternoon.
17) I live in a house that truly means "home" to me.
18) My internet browser has tabs, so I can keep multiple pages open at the same time (it's the little things).
19) I have a dishwasher full of dishes that I didn't have to wash by hand.
20) I woke up this morning to a brand new day!

Every morning when I wake Kade up and lay him on his changing table, I say, "This is the day that the Lord has made! We will rejoice and be glad in it!"

I need to remember to rejoice and to be thankful--everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love it, Leah! You bless me so much! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete