Friday, July 30, 2010

It's the Little Things

I told Michael one day last week that God is always doing silly little things for me.

He said, "Like what?"

I said, "Well.....In June, we got back the deposit from the town water department and our electricity, so we didn't have to pay them. Then, I was whining around to myself about how none of my pants fit because I've lost so much weight and the very next evening, my sister gave me some pants of hers that don't fit anymore, but fit me perfectly. Just little things that you would think wouldn't matter."

He kind of laughed and said it was neat, blah, blah, blah.

Then, one day this week, he got a letter from the insurance company that he has his motorcycle insurance through. For some reason, we will now be paying $50 less/quarter for insurance.

Michael said, "Remember how you were talking about God doing silly things for you...."

Really, though, no matter how much I whine around, God always does the neatest little things for me. I was thinking about all the drinks I will have to buy for Kade's party and found a coupon that day in the mail that was good for six 2 Liters for $1/each. I've been praying that the rebate for my phone would finally get here (it's been two months) so that I could use it this month, and in the mail it came. Mom prayed with me yesterday that a guy we've been trying to get information from about an engine would call and 5 minutes after we got off the phone, he called.

Nobody's dropping a big check in my lap or bringing me a record deal to sign, but I think all these little blessings are more satisfying than one big blessing.

Thanks, God, for listening to me and meeting my needs--even when I'm a big selfish whiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment