Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Food

I love to cook, but it's hard for me to try new things with a very small, but very cute person hanging onto my leg, begging to be picked up.

See what I mean?

However, I've gotten to make several new things in the past couple of weeks.

First, I tried The Pioneer Woman's apple fritters.


I don't have a very good camera, so this picture in no way does them justice, but they were finger lickin' good. No, really. I licked every bit of the powdered sugar off of my fingers. They would have been even better with some apple butter, but I didn't get any until the next day. I'm going to try them again soon (considering there is a 5 lb. bag of apples in my fridge that my husband ignores and my son doesn't like).

The second thing I made was Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins, also courtesy of The Pioneer Woman.
Did I mention there was homemade cream cheese icing?

Oh.

There was homemade cream cheese icing.


Then, I tried a copycat recipe of O'Charley's Loaded Baked Potato Soup. It was good, but not quite the same, so I had to go to O'Charley's on Saturday night and have some of the real thing. If you're interested in the recipe I used, though, here it is.

Since I had a cup of leftover pumpkin puree from the pumpkin muffins, I made a pumpkin cheesecake on Saturday. The recipe is a copycat of The Cheesecake Factory. I haven't had the real thing, so I can't vouch for the accuracy, but this one was pretty good! Here's the recipe for it. Sorry, no pictures, but I promise you it's worth it!

There are so many more things I want to try this fall! What are some of your favorite fall recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment