Sunday, March 21, 2010

Come Lay 'Em Down!

Phillipians 4:19-"My God shall supply all your needs, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago about my need for control (especially in the area of finances) and how having control makes me feel secure.

Well, I was tested this week. Michael called me Monday night, around 8:30, and said, "My truck is broken down on the side of the road. I need you to come get me."

We knew this was coming. His truck is 10 years old, he had been saying that it just "didn't feel right" when he was driving, it had no heat or air, he drives an hour and a half to work everyday, etc., etc. I went to pick him up and we were talking on the phone on my way there about tow trucks, new transmissions, and new cars. I didn't say anything to him, but I was getting all worked up in my head adding up the costs for all these things. And a new car?! EEEEK! No way did I want to add another monthly payment to our list.

That night, in our prayer before bed I prayed that God would find us just the right car at just the right price and that he would provide everything we needed.

So, Michael took a personal day from work the next day so that he could get everything squared away, get his truck towed home, and look for a new (used) car. He went to our insurance office to see how much they would pay on a towing bill. He called me on the way home and said, "So, I saved us $24 a month on our car insurance (No, really! We had forgotten to take off one of our old cars) and I borrowed a towing trailer (I guess that's what they're called?) to tow the truck home. "

I'm thinking, "Well, hallelujah! We're saving money on our car insurance and not having to pay for a tow truck! Thank you, Lord!"

He called a local salvage/junkyard who said they would buy his truck at a pretty reasonable price, especially considering it needs a transmission and an engine or motor.

We looked around on the internet at a few used cars. Then, he went to see a man about a car. I mean, a man he knows who buys/works on cars told him he had a car for sale. This car turns out to be in very good condition, at a price that allows us to pay cash without having to get a loan, and it gets 10 more MPG than his truck, which is a big deal when you commute 3 hours a day/5-6 days a week. We bought it!

Take all of your troubles and come lay 'em down.

I mean, something as simple as needing a car! Lay it down before Him.
Something as big as needing a job?! Lay it down.

Jehovah Jireh is my provider! He'll do it for you, too!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad God provided a car for you all! He never stops proving Himself when we trust in Him to be our provider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! Praising God for His provision!

    ReplyDelete