Friday, March 26, 2010

I love him! (Pt2)

The summer before my senior year, when I wasn't babysitting, I was moping on the couch...



Then, my parents agreed to have a sit down with Michael. I'm not sure who talked the most (I'm guessing them), but I remember my mom coming home and looking me in the eyes and saying, You really care about him, don't you? All I could do was nod. We were getting ready to leave on vacation and they said they wanted the week to decide what they were going to do. It was the longest week of my life.



When we got back, they said, Well we told him to call if he's interested in a relationship, so you'll have to wait on him to call. So, he called and we picked up where we left off! We dated all of my senior year, got to go to the prom together, and do all of the things we had missed out on. College time got close, and even though I wasn't going far away, I had several people in my life advising me to free myself before I left so that I could start a whole new life at college. Yeah, I didn't appreciate that advice so much; not that I didn't respect these people's opinions, but I knew what was right for me.



I'll admit right now that I wanted a ring. I wanted one right then and I wanted to get married. I knew we were in a committed relationship, but I wanted the whole kit-and-caboodle--right THEN. Michael will tell you the embarrassing things I said and did to try to get a proposal out of him. I begged, I pleaded, I pouted, I tried to get him to make promises, but as is his nature, he took his own sweet time. He waited till a year before I would graduate from college to propose on Christmas Day. There's not much else to say. We spent a year planning the wedding and got married on December 30, 2006. It was a beautiful wedding and an awesome celebration of love and God. I got a call on our honeymoon (two weeks after graduating from college) about a job and went right to work. God's timing was definitely better than mine would have been.



I have an awesome husband! He is my absolute best friend in the whole world. I fall in love with him more everyday and I wake up every morning knowing that he is my one and only. He works so hard for our family and he never ceases to amaze me. I am blessed to be married to a man of God who wants to serve God and walk in His ways. We really hardly ever argue and just enjoy being together and being with our son. What we have is the love of a lifetime! It wasn't always pretty, but I believe that, though we may not have always followed his will, God had a plan and everything worked out for our good!

No comments:

Post a Comment