Monday, March 29, 2010

Not Me! Monday




"Not Me! Monday" is a fun and cathartic way to admit things you totally didn't do. I've even gotten my sister started doing it. When you've finished reading mine, you can read hers here.

After realizing that Kade seems to be healed of his dairy allergy, I did not make a homemade chocolate pie and eat at least half of said pie between Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Nope! I have been watching my weight so carefully; I would certainly not put my gorgeous (insert rolling eyes) post-pregancy body in jeopardy.

I also didn't have my hubby make a special trip to the store for Ben & Jerry's ice cream, tell him the line was too long to wait, and then complain that I really wanted ice cream when we got home. I'm much too mature to pout over ice cream.

We did not spend almost 5 minutes discussing the ice cream incident in front of our couples Sunday School class. As leaders of the group discussion, we had many more important things to talk about than my ice cream issues.

When Kade wouldn't go back to sleep very early this morning, I did not just turn over and try to drift back off, leaving my sick husband to deal with him. I am mommy--superhero! Who needs sleep? Not me!

I did not go through the drawers of my guest room this weekend and find of a picture of an old boyfriend...from 12 years ago. I have certainly cleaned out my drawers many times since then and would have surely thrown that picture away. I know I've cleaned it in 12 years.....right?

So, come on! Don't hold it in! What didn't you do this week?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I don't know...ice cream is pretty serious business at our house! ;-)

    Great NMM post!

    ReplyDelete