Thursday, September 30, 2010

Writer's Block

I hate going through the cycles of a writer.

I'm working on a book (not editing one this time, writing one myself) and I go through these really frustrating phases.

First, I get an idea. I become really excited. I write and write and write. I carry a little notebook with me everywhere to put ideas down in.

Then, I get stuck. I stop writing for awhile. I feel stagnant. I am stagnant.

Something motivates me and inspires me to start writing again. I feel good. I write and write again.

I get writer's block and feel like I'll never finish.

I'm at that point now. It's not a lack of ideas; I feel like I've written so much that some of it is just mumble jumble and meaningless. I don't want to delete everything, but I don't know how to fix it. I want this book (if it ever gets published) to mean something to people. I want them to be able to relate to it and be inspired.

Darn writer's block.

Focus, Leah, focus.

Back to the writing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment