Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday

I was trying to think of a catchy title for this post, something that started with "F" and sounded good with Friday. I thought of "fabulous", but there's nothing very fabulous about this post OR Friday. I also thought of "fantastic", "freaky", and "fanatical", but those weren't right either. SO, if you can think of a good "F" word to go with Friday, let me know.

I missed having cable for the first time last night (we got rid of it a month ago and subscribed to Netflix), because the season premiere of "The Office" was on! Luckily, it was posted all over the webz first thing this morning. I have watched 2 minutes of it, and then paused it to do some work. I just want to savor a new episode, because I think we have watched all the seasons through twice since the end of last season. We are "Office" fanatics.

Mostly, not having cable is nice. We didn't watch much on TV anyway and there's such a huge selection of movies and children's shows that we're never bored. There's so much crap (for lack of a better description) on cable television and we were paying somewhere around $50/month for nothing to watch. Seriously. We got several hundred channels and would just sit and flip, flip, flip. Plus, one can watch all kinds of shows on websites like hulu or fancast. So, I'm happy with our decision.

Kade got his first amber teething necklace in the mail yesterday. It was supposed to be for Christmas, but I put it right on him (he doesn't know the difference anyways). He hasn't had it on long enough for me to tell if it works, but it looks so cute on him! I'll post a picture when I upload them. Actually, I have several cute pictures of the boy. I'll do a post of those soon.

He is becoming such a daddy's boy. They hang out a lot together at night (because I have the most awesome husband in the world who gets up with Kade at night and puts him back to sleep). This morning, he didn't want to let Michael go. I know it broke daddy's heart. In the evenings, I'll say, "Daddy will be home soon!", Kade sucks in all of his breath and grins and looks toward the door. He loves his dad!

On an unrelated note, it's hard to believe that it's fall here! The heat is almost unbearable in the middle of the day! I can't wait for real fall. Cool fall. Pretty leaves fall (right now, they're just brown and crispy). Fall also means that the Fall Jesus Party is coming up at church (our alternative to trick or treating on Halloween; plenty of candy, but no walking door to door). I've got to find a costume for Kade. I thought about sewing one, but my sewing machine is MIA somewhere "being repaired", and I don't know if I could learn to sew between now and then even if I had it. Anyone have any good ideas for costumes, though?

Well, I am supposed to be working on writing some things, but I got distracted, so......

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment