Saturday, November 19, 2016

Always Something...

I've thought many times about changing the name of this blog. I started "A New Thing" at a time in my life when my world was absolutely rocked by the birth of the most precious gift I never knew I wanted. Everything I thought I wanted in life changed. God did this crazy, wonderful new thing in me and I wrote--and WROTE--about it. He showed Himself in my life everyday, in a thousand, big and small, incredible ways. Despite my lack of trust or desire to control everything, He proved faithful to me.

Then, I had two more children and started homeschooling and dealt with some tough adult-ish things  and over time, that passion in me--for writing, for sharing my experiences with anyone--kind of waned. Most of you mothers know how it is. Sometimes, you get to a point where you almost feel like you've lost yourself. Either you pour everything you have into your children or if you work outside the home, your job and your children. Sometimes, the real you seems lost to fear and anxiety. Or maybe you're just too darn tired to care.


Then, you have a moment (or two) of crisis. You think, "Who am I?", "Do I even like who I am?" and "Who am I supposed to be?" I've had those moments this year and I'm still not exactly sure of the answers. I do know that God is at work in me, though. He knows exactly who I am when all I feel like is worn out mom. He's always wanting to do something new in me, if I'll let Him. I want to be here to tell you all about it and I'd love to hear how He's working in you, too. I don't have all the answers, but I know Who does. And I'm a good listener. :)



Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment