Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bits and pieces

All is well at our house. I have pregnancy brain and can't focus on anything, hence the blog break. Kade turned 2 at the beginning of the month and had a big birthday weekend. He went to watch the new Winnie the Pooh movie at the drive in the night before his birthday, where he ate a grilled cheese sandwich and French fries and bounced around in the backseat of the car. On his actual birthday, we took him to the zoo for the first time. He liked the animals, but I think his favorite part was meeting up with his friend, Rachel, and petting the goats, riding the carousel, and sliding down slides.






Then, we ate dinner at one of my favorite places (since I kind of play a big part in his birthday, too)--The Apple Barn. I wish I had a picture of the delicious apple fritters they serve before the meal, with apple butter to dip them in. Mmmmm.....anyways, I digress. Kade enjoyed some yummy macaroni and cheese and a huge sugar cookie for dessert.
 
Sunday, after church, we had a small family party with Toy Story decor. He received many new toys to add to his growing collection and then we went swimming. Two suits him. He says something new everyday and is usually in a good mood, unless I try to get him to come in from outside.






In other news, a nice lady from our church, whom I have known all my life, did an ultrasound for us last Friday and informed us that we are having a girl in January. We have always said, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a boy and then a girl, so that she would have a protective older brother?", not to mention the excitement over new PINK clothes buying! I was shopping some online sales earlier and bought her some tiny pairs of cute, pink leg warmers, since she'll be arriving in the middle of winter. My mom told me that I have to buy Kade something for everything I get the baby, so I got him some dinosaur socks and monster leg warmers. LOL! We think we have the name picked out, but I'll wait a little longer to announce it.


Michael is busy with work and youth pastoring and fathering and husbanding (is that even a word?) we're trying to build up the youth program and do some fun things. One of my favorite youth activities is Resurrection, which is the Methodist church's annual youth conference. Unfortunately, it falls the week before my due date. We're praying that the baby doesn't come while Michael is gone, or he will be hoofing it back home.


Oh, and we're painting our kitchen, have 2 or 3 others rooms to paint, baseboard to put down, and a nursery to fix. Busy, busy.


I just finished editing a book written by my friend, Julie, called "Birth Right". It's a book about pregnancy--the progress baby makes each week of the pregnancy, what to expect, common questions, prayers to pray over your baby, a scripture for each week, and much more. It comes out in November, but you can preorder it on Amazon.com HERE.


Well, it's nap time at our house, so I'm going to get some rest while I can. I'll get back to regular blogging soon, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment