Sunday, December 20, 2009

I don't understand Your ways...

I don't understand Your ways,
Oh, but I will give You my soul,
Give You all of my praise.
You hold on to all my pain,
And with it You are pulling me closer
Pulling me into Your ways.

One of my best friends had a miscarriage last night. She had just called me Friday morning to tell me she was expecting and by Saturday night, it was over.

I don't understand. I don't think I ever will.

The good thing is, we don't have to understand God's reasons. We could ponder and study and calculate and read the Bible and never understand God's ways. All we have to do is trust that He has something bigger and better in store.

Will this make the pain any less for her? Probably not.

But I know that someday, she will experience the the sheer joy of being a mommy and all the pain of the past will be worth it.

It's gonna be worth it....I believe this.

No comments:

Post a Comment