Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A New Thing: Part II

So, besides God doing a new thing in my heart when it comes to my son, He's also doing it in my marriage. Isn't it funny awesome how, when we let Him, God shows up--not in one part of our life--but in every area.

And sometimes, we have to be completely flat-on-our-face, torn apart, broken down, desperate before He can start knitting us back together. Because really, when we've molded ourselves into what we want to be, he has to start all over to get us where He wants us to be.

Don't get me wrong. We have a happy marriage and I love my husband more than I can ever imagine loving anyone.

But we have had issues, and they came to a head this weekend.

It's not important what they are were. If you know me, don't ask, because it's none of your business it doesn't matter, but before the weekend had started we were both completely flat-on-our-face, torn apart, broken down, desperate in a I-don't-think-I-can-ever-get-past-this kind of way.

Anyone ever heard the song "Sunday's on the Way" by Carman? Well, by Saturday night, God was on his way to restoring what may have been the biggest mess we have EVER faced head on. He did an awesome thing right in our living room. But Sunday morning, he showed up to my husband in a way I have never seen and we have been together for almost 9 years. He was broken at the altar, barely clinging to the rail, crying out to God and he didn't care who saw or what they thought. He just wanted to be free and God spoke very specifically through the man who came to pray for him, releasing him of every single thing that was holding him back from being who he was meant to be. He got to his feet a different person. Different than I have ever seen. All because of God's gift of forgiveness. There's therefore now no condemnation resting on my soul, and that is a good feeling.

That might scare some people, but it is exciting to us. He immediately started revealing things to my husband that He has been revealing to me. I am not perfect, but what started in me is continuing in us. We are now on the same God page.

The past is gone. There is no need to think about it. God is doing a new thing. Even now it is coming to light.

Just watch.


1 comment:

  1. Praise God! What a comfort it is to know that He is right there for us...we just have to reach out to Him. There's no pit deep enough to keep Him from pulling us out. The key is, we have to let go of the things that are holding us down, and reach up to His outstretched hand. As the saying goes, "Let go and let God."

    Marriage is a journey...so is our relationship with our Heavenly Father. We all face bumps in the road, deep valleys, and occasional detours from our ultimate destination. Sometimes getting back to that straight and narrow path is a challenge. It can seem overwhelming just to put one foot in front of the other. We must persevere...taking it one step and a time, seeking Him for direction...never giving up!

    I'm so happy for you and hubby! I can see the work God is doing in your lives, and I am excited to see where He will lead you next!

    See you on Sunday...

    Love you,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete