Thursday, February 9, 2012

I love my babies

As I sit here early(ish) on a Thursday morning, with one sleeping baby beside me on the couch and another one in my bed, I can't help but think, I love my babies.


I know I've said it before, but 5 years ago, I couldn't have even imagined this life. I couldn't have imagined holding a warm baby against my chest and breathing in the sweet scent of his soft, baby head. I couldn't have imagined having a natural birth--or a birth at all--or contemplating vaccination schedules or breastfeeding or potty training or any of the things that come along with having children.



But I'm so thankful. Thankful that I'm not the same person I was 5 years ago. Thankful for my two, sweet healthy boys. Thankful for my husband who works hard at his job so that I can stay home and do mine. Thankful for quiet mornings like this, when I can just sit for a few minutes and soak in the peace and quiet of our home before all the fun starts.




A baby must be one of the most tangible pieces of evidence on this earth of God's love. Every time I look at these two (and their daddy), I'm overwhelmed by His love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment